How our PPM / Service & Maintenance Teams Operate
The Operations Manager is Mark Wood who has been with our organisation for 23 years with several qualifications including BTEC National Certificate in Building Services Engineering and NEBOSH Construction Certificate in Health & Safety.
His Team units consist of a Service Manager, an Assistant and a Supervisor. The Supervisor monitors our engineer's performance for appearance, time keeping, cooperation, quality and cleanliness and organises any major re-active repairs programmes.
24 / 7 Help Line Desk
We operate a manned 24 / 7 Help Line Desk where any required emergency visit is passed to an engineer within minutes of receipt and attendance on site within 2 hours subject to road and weather conditions.
All of our works are IT managed via engineers PDA's with hard copy paper reports for copies to tenants or our client's site representative who actually confirm the hours spent on site against which any charges are based. Each unit's operators can readily provide answers from this system to questions raised.
Our IT system maintains condition report asset schedules for every piece of equipment within any Service & PPM Maintenance Contract being operated. This enables us to monitor when it's time to replace any item of plant rather than continually repairing it and to provide clients with future replacement budget needs.
Managers and Supervisors make regular visits to clients offices for general discussions on things going on, performance, future needs etc unless this is covered by formally arranged meetings.
Our engineers are security cleared and mostly multidisciplinary. They have coloured ID badges and company PPE and drive similarly matching vehicles stocked with commonly required spares to avoid time and expense on shopping trips. They also have an abundance of dust sheets and a vacuum cleaner for ensuring tidiness during and after completion of the work, including clearance from site of all rubbish and replaced plant.
- All PPM or breakdown visits are regularly and promptly organised with the site to suit programmes or urgencies of breakdowns with the sites being advised should any delays become inevitable due to circumstances beyond our control.
- We have a network of suppliers to minimise down time and travelling costs.
- All equipment is maintained in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations, including any parts required.
- Reports, estimates and invoices are provided within 7 days or earlier should situations require this.
- Fault finding tasks are undertaken by our engineers with support from a senior engineer if required. Fully detailed reports and any recommendations are promptly provided.
- Programmes are developed for any statutory testing or tasks we are requested to manage of any incumbent contractor and shared with the client for agreement.
- We hold regular in house meetings with any specialist / incumbent contractors our clients ask us to manage and provide minutes of these back to them.
- Our technical engineers are always available to review with clients any feasibility discussions or general chats or ideas they might want to have.